Monday, December 10, 2012

The Great Gingerbread Exchange of 2012



 I was lucky enough to get in on the gingerbread exchange with Mrs. Parker from "Learning with Mrs. Parker" this year, and it has been so exciting to see the envelopes in my box at school.  I haven't received all of them yet, but I will go ahead and share our bulletin board full of gingerbread people.  We got one today from Germany, dressed in camouflage, from a classroom of military kids -- I will try to get it up tomorrow.
We especially have enjoyed the ones with letters enclosed.  One letter today said that their favorite story was the one that said."Run, run, as fast as you can -- you can't catch me -- I'm the Gingerbread Man!" One of my kids said, "Hey, that's our favorite , too!" 


                                           They are coming from all across the country. 


                                      The cowboy from Texas was one of the favorites

                       We still have room to squeeze in a few more -- this has been so much fun!!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! This has been so much fun for us as well. I am thinking Valentine's Exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Come check it out!

    Mandi
    MOORE Fun In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ann - my class was the one who sent you the gingerbread man from Germany last year....I'm not far from you now as I moved to SC :) Was looking online to see if anyone did the exchange again. I was late in my planning this year so I changed it a bit and had parents contact families and friends and ask to have a Gingerbread man sent to us. Have a great season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved doing it last year, but I just didn't get to it this year. We are practicing for HeidiSongs "Tale of the Gingerbread Man" play and I didn't think about the exchange until it was too late. You had a great idea, though. Welcome back to the US!

      Delete

I love it when you comment!!