Sunday, May 11, 2014

Tweetsie Railroad on Letterland Day 2014


      A field trip to Tweetsie on Letterland Day is always the highlight of the year.  But I hope I look at the calendar before we plan next year's trip. This week also included Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, and my own son's graduation from college, as well as progress reports and assessments! Whew!



       We are very lucky to have a park like Tweetsie so near our school.  When they transform it to Letterland, it is a perfect reward for all the hard work of kindergarten. The kids were met at the gate by Firefighter Fred and his fire truck --  and lots of parent and grandparent volunteers. Every child had a hand to hold, and that is the best kind of field trip.  Since my springtime allergies were reignited by all the pollen, I was grateful I only had to hold my tissues to catch sneezes all day while other adults took responsibility for my class.



        There were lots of Letterland characters roaming around and signing autographs.


     I even got my picture taken with Mr. O!


The buildings and shows were all changed to reflect the theme.  

Even the train became the Letterland Express. It was fun to watch Red Robot try to steal all the "r" sounds, but the Vowel Men made him give everything back.


        I had an exciting ride in one of the little cars with one of my students -- had to grab the wheel a few times -- but we made it back without wrecking!



        My favorite place was the Fudge shop -- the only air conditioned and pollen-free spot in the park.  But you can only stay in the candy store for so long before you have to buy something, so I knew I needed to get out of there!


   

   
         We had a blast!!

     

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had another exciting trip! That' s wonderful! This is one of my favorite field trips during my granddaughter's years at Valmead.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment!!