Friday, May 16, 2014

Countdown!



     As you can see from the picture, we are in the final countdown. We have 18 days left -- and each child gets to do all the classroom jobs one more time. Every day one child gets to do it all -- line leader, erase the board, do the calendar, office messenger -- and when everyone has had a turn, it will be graduation day. The year has gone by quickly, but I will admit that I am about ready for a break.  But I sure will miss the hugs, the laughter, and the daily adventure of kindergarten. I always thought I would retire this year, but I am just not ready to give it up yet, so I will be back best fall. Ready to do it all again.
       I have been busy assessing literacy for the past two weeks.  I have hardly taught any this week. My assistant has done most of the teaching this week while I have been pulling children out, one at a time, to read and answer questions.  I am overjoyed -- dancing around the room HAPPY--to be finished. I still have math, writing, and spelling to assess, but the worst is over.  And best of all, everyone made good progress and every one of them can READ! 

1 comment:

  1. You are ending a little before us-we have 24 days left. I am busy assessing, too. It feels endless. Here's to summer!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment!!