Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

   We celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday today -- what a lot of fun! My door even won the contest for a Wal-Mart gift card -- got the idea from Pinterest, and my talented assistant put it all together.
We dressed in pajamas like the characters from "I Am NOT Getting Out of Bed Today"
And there were lots of great costumes -- but Thing 1 and 2 were my favorites.
Dr. Johnson came over from the Education office to read "And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street" and inspired the children to use their imagination.
   But my favorite part of the the day was when our principal - dressed as Cat in the Hat -- organized and led an impromptu parade through the school and around the playground. The kids LOVED it!

2 comments:

  1. Such cute Dr. Seuss ideas - I love it I am your newest follower. Come check my blog out too when you get a chance!


    ✿~jeannie~
    ­Kindergarten Lifestyle

    Kindergarten Lifestyle Facebook Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun day -- and I am glad you came over to see it.

      Delete

I love it when you comment!!