Sunday, January 22, 2012

Student teacher

So, I have a student teacher this semester, and I am just figuring out how to help her learn all about being a teacher of 5 year old children.  It's great to have an extra person in the room -- math stations go so much better with a teacher at every station!  And I let her read the story after lunch this week while I pulled individuals for assessing.  But the problem is -- I really LOVE teaching, and it's a little hard for me to let someone else have all the fun!!  I teach so many things that are NOT in the lesson plans -- and I will probably drive her crazy if I interrupt her lesson every time I think of something else to squeeze in.  So it looks like it will be a balancing act for a while as I help her get ready for taking her own class someday -- and still make sure that my children are learning everything possible to get ready for first grade.  I am excited about the possibilities this semester -- it will be great to have three reading groups going at the same time -- but I need to write more detailed lesson plans since she probably won't be able to read my mind.  It should be an interesting semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you comment!!