Monday, January 9, 2012

Penguins!!

One of my little boys came in today and asked,"Is this the day we are going to learn about penguins?" YES!!  I love teaching this unit -- not only are penguins incredibly cute -- and interesting -- but it gives me a chance to get my kids excited about reading and writing non-fiction.  I found this little penguin on Pinterest, and I've been collecting toilet paper and paper towel rolls so we can make them. We stopped at the Barbeque place for supper last week -- the one with a roll of paper towels on the table (not too classy, but great barbeques).  Luckily for me, there was an empty cardboard roll that I grabbed and stuck in my purse.  Sam started to say "Why..." and my son said."Don't ask!"  It's going to be a fun week!!

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Ann! Just found your blog....how cute is this penguin?! I am a new follower and look forward to reading more of your posts...Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment!!