Friday, May 29, 2015

So Many to Thank!

   When I first discovered the world of teacher blogs a few years ago, I had no idea what an influence some of these teachers would have on my life. I have had the privilege of meeting a few in person, but mostly I just follow their blogs and get so many ideas that have made me a better and happier teacher.  I am amazed by what they are doing in their classrooms, and awe-struck when they read and even comment on the things I have written. I simply don't know how they have time and energy to create all these teaching materials after a day in the classroom, Even if I had a creative thought, I would never be able to do what they do.  So, on one of my last blogs before retirement, I'd like to thank some of these incredible teachers.

   One of the first things that caught my eye was a book barn that Reagan Tunstall of Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits had in her classroom in Texas.  I had to have it, so my husband made one for me. Since then I have bought many items from her TPT store, including a Rise and Shine folder that I use a LOT.


I also love this song that she put on you tube a few years ago. It still makes me laugh.
Thank you, Reagan!

                                                 

         Another of the Superstars I follow is Heidi Butkus of Heidisongs. Not only do I use many of the DVDs she has produced, but she also has shared games and word family worksheets and flashcards that I use nearly every day.  My classes love singing her songs and they have learned to read and spell many many sight words by singing along with Heidi.  I was thrilled to meet Heidi at a conference a few years ago -- seemed like seeing an old friend. I especially LOVE her Gingerbread Man play -- my class performed the play at Christmas last year and the audience loved it.
Thank you, Heidi!!

                                        


 Another major superstar I was excited to meet was Deanna Jump.  Mrs. Jump is very well known as the first teacher to make a million dollars on Teachers Pay Teachers. I helped her make that million with all her products that I have bought -- and all were worth every penny! I have used the  Guiding Kinders Math and Writer's Workshop that she and another of my favorites, DeedeeWills, created. It is way better than anything provided by the county and I am so grateful for their work.


Thank you, Deanna and Deedee!



There are many other teachers across the country who have also shared their hard work, but I have been so blessed to be blogger or Facebook Friends with these -- they inspire, encourage, and excite me and even though I will not need to use their ideas and products after retirement, I will probably keep following them because they seem like my friends. Thank you all for touching these North Carolina children by helping their teacher find new ways to teach effectively. I'd like to sing the "Golden Girls " theme song -- "Thank you for being my friend"


7 comments:

  1. Ann, I'm honored to be included in the same post with these two wonderful and inspiring ladies. Thank you so much for your friendship and support! I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should say THREE wonderful and inspiring ladies. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy retirement. Thank you for your years of service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sylvia, I have enjoyed "Learning with Mrs. Parker" so much -- and your Pinterest board is a TREASURE! Thank you for your encouragement, as well.

      Delete
  4. Oh, my goodness! What a wonderful surprise for me to happen upon! Thank you so much for this wonderful post and photo with you! I love it! And I am so honored to be included amongst your "superstar three." I am just SO BLESSED that I can hardly believe it!

    May God bless you in your retirement, and I do hope that you will continue to share your ideas and observations with us! I have enjoyed your blog and your friendship over the years! If you are like most teachers, those wonderful ideas will just continue to flow, so keep it up!
    Hugs and love,
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann! You have made my day over and over! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this post! What an encouragement you are! Congratulations on your retirement! You are so wonderful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment!!