Saturday, February 2, 2013

Love Notes Link Up

                                                         Amy at "Literacy and Laughter"
                                                                   is having a linky!

                          




Name: Ann

Grade you Teach: Kindergarten 

State: North Carolina

Birthday: February 29 -- no birthday this year

Favorite Colors: Red and blue

Lucky Number: 13 -- met my husband on Friday the 13th

Favorite Subject to Teach: Literacy!!

Go to Snack: Trying to make it bananas or apples -- but Lindt Truffles call...

TV Show: NCIS
  Last Movie You Watched: March of the Penguins
  Music You are Loving Right Now: "10,000 Reasons" and "The Song Has Ended"

Always shopping at: Wal-mart and Dollar Tree and ..."Teachers Pay Teachers"
  Word of the day: Snow?

“Love Links”
share links to…
                             a blog you are loving right now: 
 Going to see her at a conference in NC in a couple weeks -- so excited!!

More things I love...
What do I love doing in my free time?
Sing with my Carolina Style Chorus barbershop buddies,
Go to church,
And read other teacher blogs -- there is no other free time!

Favorite vacation spot?
Bar Harbor, Maine and Charleston, South Carolina are the places we have loved in the past few years.  We also had a great time in Pennsylvania Amish country a few years ago, and San Antonio was fun, too. When we lived in Germany, our favorite places were Holland and Switzerland.

Beautiful Maine


Charleston
And the loves of my life --
                           My son-in-law and my 3 children give me so much joy --
and the best show-and-tell ever --- my husband of 38 years, Sam --
He's retired now, after serving 25 years as  helicopter pilot in the Army.  We met on a mission trip right before he went to Viet Nam.  He always comes to school on Veteran's Day.
Here's a Animoto video I made for our anniversary
Happy Anniversary 

                                                                                                                                                                                          
I also love teaching kindergarten -- here is the door to the magical place where my babies learn to read and write and turn into first graders...




4 comments:

  1. Hi Ann!
    Thank you so much for linking up. I am really enjoying everyone's posts. :) Congratulations on 38 years - that's amazing! : )

    I have always wanted to visit Charleston... maybe this summer??

    Thanks for sharing!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go -- for the beach, the history, the carriage rides, the food, the PRALINES...it is a wonderful place!

      Delete
  2. Always wondered what it would be like to have a February 29th birthday. Your chorus group looks so fun!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feb. 29 is a great birth date -- everyone remembers when I really do have a 29th, and sometimes I have had 2 parties -- one on the 28th and another on March 1. And at my age, it is nice to be able to count my age by real birthdays!
      My chorus is my therapy -- I love it!

      Delete

I love it when you comment!!